Community Service pertains to those activities that Rotarians undertake to improve the quality of life in their community. It frequently involves assistance to youth, the aged, the disabled, and others who look to Rotary as a source of hope for a better life.
Our many Community Service projects include:
- Rebuilding Together with Christmas in April,
- Volunteering for Bluemont Concerts in Stafford.
- Festival of Trees Fundraiser for Hope House,
- Adopt a Highway Project (our highway is Route 630 from McDonalds to Brooke Point High School)
- Christmas baskets and gifts for families in need
- Building the Playground at Thurman Brisben Homeless Shelter
- The Keeping in Touch with the Elderly Project
- Two Different Senior Citizens Proms
- Relay for Life
Dictionaries for Third Graders in Stafford Schools
Read the article about our Dictionary Project in the April 10, 2007 Stafford extra section of The Free Lance Star.